Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just Listed - Naked (Unscented)


I just listed my Naked (Unscented) bar on Etsy! After shopping a fellow Etsy Green and Clean Guild Member's shop for lotions and creams and realizing that I really just wanted them unscented I thought hey, maybe there's something to this :) I like my soaps with personality, but I'm sure there are people out there who want the properties of handmade soap without the scent. So here it is! This bar will be $1 less than my other bars to account for the fact that I don't have to pay for essential/fragrance oils and botanicals! We've been using this bar for the past few days and are loving it :)

You can also see from this photo that I have (once again!) modified my photos a touch. I definitely liked my most recent photos more than my 2nd try and way more than my 1st, but there was still something about them that didn't look finished enough. I wanted something different. It hit me like a ton of bricks one day - one thing I love is wrapping each soap in its own unique color of handmade paper. So...why not use those papers as a backdrop? That way each listing has its own color identifier as well! I took photos of my 4 most recent batches this way last week (Naked is the first to be listed), and absolutely love it so far. I think I will stick with this method...but we shall see. I might just come up with something even better someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment