Saturday, December 20, 2008

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland



I haven't heard the official totals but we got about a foot of snow in Milwaukee today. Luckily for me, I didn't have to work today to begin with - I don't think I would have been able to make it in if I did! Honda Civics and deep snow do NOT mix well. Instead, I slept in a bit, then got up and shoveled our walk.

After work time is play time! I took our dog (Kermit) in the back yard and threw (snow)balls for him - he LOVES to leap through the snow and swim through it. Then I decided to try one of our cats, Zazu, out in the snow. Both of our cats are exclusively indoor only, but I have taken him out on a harness a few times and in the summer he seemed to like it quite a bit when I took him out with Kermit. Plus, he will lay in front of drafty doors and on cold flooring so he seems to like a chill. So, I took him out, put him down, and he sat and looked around. For a while it seemed as though he was kind of intrigued and enjoying himself. Then a big gust of wind came and Zazu was pelted in the face with snow. He freaked out, gave me a pathetic look, and said, "MeROOOOW?" So, I picked him up and held him and he was shivering so it was time to go inside. I did get a few nice photos of him, so I thought I would share them here. Zazu and Kermit can also be seen featured in my photos for Orange Mocha Love, the bar that was designed for them (Zazu is the Orange, Kermit is the Mocha)!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet... My kitties are indoor also and one takes to a harness while the other slinks around loooow like. Makes me wonder what she would do with that much snow. We have plenty as well north of Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, my boy is the braver of my two and my girl is a slinker! I can't even take her out our apartment in my arms without her completely freaking out!

    I didn't even think about taking her out there, she is my warmth-seeker and would not tolerate the cold at all! She's a princess...:)

    ReplyDelete