Friday, January 9, 2009

Sneak Peek - Spa Clean (?)

I just took this beauty out of the mold. Much like the other two batches of soap I have made recently, I have no idea what to name this one. I'm currently liking "Spa Clean" as it doesn't smell like anything in particular but reminds me of a nice clean but slightly exotic scent that you might find at a spa! The bar has a really clean soapy smell with deeper notes of ginger and orange. I added lavender to the bar in a light amount. I LOVE this one, but it is right there with The Garden (?) and Anise Musk (?) in that I really have to work on creative names and accurate scent descriptions!



Luckily for me, I have 2 full weeks to do so! Not only because all of the bars need time to cure, but I am leaving for more interviews and have a line of one-way flights all around the country eventually leading back to Wisconsin in the next week and a half. After that I will spend a few days at my parents house as they are watching the cats and Panda so I need to pick them up anyway and I will look for any "excuse" to spend a bit of time at home :)

I plan to spend some time during the coming weeks on the soap business. I need to order supplies (watch out Bramble Berry, here I come!), and work out a more firm business plan in the process. I have been reading suggestions from Anne-Marie Faiola's blog (founder of Bramble Berry which is my absolute favorite soap making supplier!) as far as business planning and vision and plan to use some of the tools she provides in thinking of where I want to go with my new business. I love her blog and think that her tips would benefit anyone who runs their own business (large or small!). Check her out here: http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/ .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! =) I appreciate the link love. Your soap looks great!

    ReplyDelete